Dear Run Rabbits,

I’m sure that you won’t be surprised to read this update given the current situation with the Covid19 pandemic, and the current UK Government guidelines, but we’ve come to the difficult decision that the Run Rabbit Trail Festival will not be able to take place in 2020. While we are still subject to restrictions on travel and social distancing, it is clear that the event cannot take place this May. Having weighed up the options and carefully considered the implications of all our options, we have decided to focus our efforts on delivering the event in 2021.

Our decision was based around a number of factors.

Our preference would have been to put on an alternative date in September. The event calendar is already looking incredibly busy with rescheduled event dates confirmed throughout August, September, October and November. Runners are going to have make choices about which they do and which they entries they lose. We feel our decision will ease the event congestion in 2020. With no definitive timescale on when and how restrictions will be lifted, we also feel that it could be difficult to undertake some of the necessary planning required to deliver a quality event.

There is also a genuine threat that a September date may have to be moved again if restrictions on large groups remain in place. As responsible race organisers, we have to consider that training intensities and volumes increase as athletes approach race day and we do not believe we should be encouraging training that could potentially compromise athlete immune systems.

The new date will be held on the weekend of 28th-30th May 2021.

As a matter of course, we will automatically transfer your entry to the new date. We do however appreciate that at this difficult time, some athletes would prefer to have a refund. If you would like a refund, then please email us by the 18th April 2020 and we will process this for you. Refunds will take place after the two period has elapsed.

Run Rabbit Trail Festival is the only event that Thump Events runs at present. Whilst we are hopeful about future events, it is possible that due to costs already incurred and with Thump Events being a young company, a large number of refund requests will result in Thump Events having to cease trading and only a partial refund will be issued. The reaction to our first year was very positive and we are hopeful we can see you again at our festival. There will be some difficult decisions to be made by all of us regarding the rest of the event season. We thought that it was fair to be honest and fully transparent with our position and hope that you can understand.

Next steps:

A two-week period will give us time to assess if Thump Events is financially viable in the future.

If you are happy to roll over your entry to next year, then take no action. We will automatically transfer all race entries and you do not need to do anything.

If you would like a refund, then please email with your full name as it appears on the Rider HQ system. Following the two-week reflection period, where possible, refunds will be actioned. We will not reply to acknowledge your request but we will send another email to confirm that refunds have been finalised.

Thank you so much for supporting the event and for your patience while we made this decision.

Stay safe.


Brian, Kerry & Kenny

Thump Events HQ